Raw 4 Paws Kangaroo Rolls 1.6kg (8x200g)
- Kangaroo is wild game that is organic by nature
- Roo is the leanest of all the meats containing virtually no fat (only 2%) and is also the highest source of protein and Conjugated Linoleic Acid (naturally occurring anti-cancer fatty acid). Roo is the ideal choice for dogs that are obese or mildly overweight and for dogs suffering from pancreatitis, cancer or liver disease
- However, the low fat content makes roo NOT suitable as sole diet for a prolonged period of time or especially for young dogs or growing puppies or pregnant and lactating mothers who require a higher fat content in their diet
- We recommend for overweight dogs to feed roo exclusively until the desired weight loss is achieved and then a switch to other flavours to ensure overall balanced healthy weight management
- Nutritional Analysis – Protein: 14.9%, Fat: 5.2%, Fibre: max 1%, Moisture: 73.4%, 97.92 Kcal/100g
A healthy dog should be fed about 2% – 3% of its bodyweight
Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight.
Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, feel free to contact us.
How to feed Raw 4 Paws
We believe that it is best to feed an adult dog
two smaller meals instead of only one large meal once a day.
Feeding dogs two meals per day will reduce scavenging for food until it’s meal time. It will also minimise the risk of bloat and twisted stomach, two serious conditions that are very painful for the dog and can be deadly.
Puppies up to six months of age should have at least 3 meals per day, younger pups 4 meals. After six months the number of meals can be reduced to two per day.
Never leave uneaten food out all day. First, raw food can spoil and attract flies and ants; Second leaving food out for the dog all day will create “fussy eaters”.
At meal time allow your dog to eat for about 10 minutes and take any uneaten food away after that. Our raw food, once thawed, will stay fresh in the fridge for at least 24 hours. It is not recommended to feed any raw foods after that period.
Since Raw 4 Paws is a “Single Protein” Barf type diet we recommend ROTATING the recipes for optimal balance of all nutrients.
Please refer to the article by well-known canine nutritionist Steve Brown “Why switch dog food? -rotating meats provides better nutrition-“, featured above.
It is not difficult at all to rotate the Raw 4 Paws varieties as they are easy to portion.
Defrosting Raw 4 Paws
As mentioned Raw 4 Paws should be kept frozen.
Allow the portion required to thaw in the fridge for about 8 hours, to speed the process up you can also leave it in an open container at room temperature or in warm water.
You may notice some liquid during the thawing process which is normal and only the natural liquid from the fresh, real meat and real fruit and vegetables. Raw 4 Paws does NOT contain any added water.