Raw 4 Paws Chicken Rolls 1.6kg (8x200g)
- Chicken is suitable for all life stages
- Raw 4 Paws ® chicken is an excellent starting point for dogs and puppies switching to raw
- The recipe contains ground raw chicken bones which are soft and rich in bone marrow
- Chicken is very popular as well as being the most economical
- As a ‘white meat’ Chicken is a powerful anti-inflammatory, therefore is suitable for dogs suffering from arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease or inflammation of the skin or joints
- Nutritional Analysis – Protein: 12.1%, Fat: 13%, Fibre: max 1%, Moisture: 68%, 169.58 Kcal/100g
A healthy dog should be fed about 2% – 3% of its bodyweight
Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight.
Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, feel free to contact us.
How to feed Raw 4 Paws
We believe that it is best to feed an adult dog
two smaller meals instead of only one large meal once a day.
Feeding dogs two meals per day will reduce scavenging for food until it’s meal time. It will also minimise the risk of bloat and twisted stomach, two serious conditions that are very painful for the dog and can be deadly.
Puppies up to six months of age should have at least 3 meals per day, younger pups 4 meals. After six months the number of meals can be reduced to two per day.
Never leave uneaten food out all day. First, raw food can spoil and attract flies and ants; Second leaving food out for the dog all day will create “fussy eaters”.
At meal time allow your dog to eat for about 10 minutes and take any uneaten food away after that. Our raw food, once thawed, will stay fresh in the fridge for at least 24 hours. It is not recommended to feed any raw foods after that period.
Since Raw 4 Paws is a “Single Protein” Barf type diet we recommend ROTATING the recipes for optimal balance of all nutrients.
Please refer to the article by well-known canine nutritionist Steve Brown “Why switch dog food? -rotating meats provides better nutrition-“, featured above.
It is not difficult at all to rotate the Raw 4 Paws varieties as they are easy to portion.
Defrosting Raw 4 Paws
As mentioned Raw 4 Paws should be kept frozen.
Allow the portion required to thaw in the fridge for about 8 hours, to speed the process up you can also leave it in an open container at room temperature or in warm water.
You may notice some liquid during the thawing process which is normal and only the natural liquid from the fresh, real meat and real fruit and vegetables. Raw 4 Paws does NOT contain any added water.